Planning to view the Stages at Repco Rally New Zealand? Here are a few key tips:
- Tickets to Jack’s Ridge Haunui on Sunday 2 October are still available to purchase online.
- All other pre-sale tickets have now gone off sale online
- Limited gate sales will be available for the spectating areas for stages in Waikato on day two of the rally (Friday 30 September) and nor-west and hibiscus coast region of Auckland on day three (Saturday 1 October) but these will be subject to weather. Please note, once the carparks are full, you may be turned away. You will be able to buy tickets at any of the spectator spots on the www.rallynewzealand.com/maps pages for Friday and Saturday and these will cover full day access across any of the spectator spots.
Ticket prices on the gate: Friday Day passes – $35, Saturday Day passes – $35, Jack’s Ridge ticket (Sunday) – $59
- Eftpos will be available but please do remember to bring cash to pay for some of the smaller community group fundraisers including some parking and also food stalls.
Pukekawa Auckland Domain Super Special Stage – Thurs 29 Sept
Pukekawa Auckland Domain is free to attend. Parking will be on the surrounding streets (be aware of road closures within the domain), or, better still, use public transport, walk, or ride your bike to the Domain to see the stage. See the Pukekawa Auckland Domain map here.
Schedule of Activities:
Driver Autograph Session at 4.30pm
Demonstration vehicles on show on the stage at 5pm
Ceremonial Start from 5:25pm
Stage starts at 6pm
The The Repco Rally Village & Century Batteries Service Park
Hamer Street, Wynyard Quarter will be open Thursday – Sunday and will have big screens to watch the live action.
There will be three ‘Meet the Crews’ opportunities in the Repco Rally Village & Century Batteries Service Park:
Meet the crews – 20:20hrs Friday
Meet the crews – 18:30hrs Saturday
Service Park opening hours:
- Thurs 29 Sept: 11am – 9pm
- Fri 30 Sept: 11am – 9pm
- Sat 1 Oct: 8am – 8pm
- Sun 2 Oct: 9am – 3:30pm
Raglan Tyre Zone – Friday 30 Sept
This will be on Bow St, Raglan and will have Driver Autograph sessions, activities, food and more – catch the action from 12:54pm!
Te Akau Refuel – Friday 30 Sept
For those attending the Raglan Stages, there is a unique opportunity to get close to the action in the Remote Service park & Refueling station.
The Te-Akau Rugby club have opened up for hospitality on the day of the event, with food, beverages and even a couple of Big Screen TV’s onsite so you can watch the action.
There is space to park an RV (for $15) should you decide to stay a little longer and enjoy the hospitality.
More info over at the Repco New Zealand The Garage Website:
Shakedown (Gold Pass ticket holders only):
- Spectating will be via Inland Road for Gold Pass ticket holders only. Gold Pass holders will have access to shakedown which is from 9:01am until early afternoon (timing will be confirmed on our website from 17th September). The spectator areas are accessible from both ends but Rautawhiri Road is recommended. Spectators need to be in the stage by 8am.
For the Rural stages:
- Pre-sale tickets to our advertised spectator spots are now sold out – there will be gate sales but these will be limited so we suggest you arrive early (2 hours before first car time)
- Choose the spectator spot or spots that you want to go to. Gates are at each spectator spot – see the maps here for each spot
- Check the downloadable spectator map here and select the spectator spots you want to go to. Make sure you check the ‘First Car Time’ as this will tell you when you will see the cars in action on that stage. For example, on Friday you might choose to go to Whaanga Coast stage and the spectator spot on Ruapuke Road, which has cars in action from 08:33hrs and 14:22hrs. You can choose to stay for both passes of the stage, or leave in between. Some spectator spots may involve being ‘locked in’ to the stage until all the rally cars have gone through the stage, so do check the specific map page for this info.
- Go to the Maps page of our website and select the day you are going to watch. There you will find a more detailed map of the spectator spot, showing where to park and spectating info. It also shows a suggested route on how to get to the spectator spot.
- Make sure you arrive in plenty of time to view the stage. Keep in mind there will be hundreds of spectators all trying to get to the stages, so make sure you turn up at least one hour before the ‘First car time’ if not more.
- Parking will be first in, first served so the earlier you arrive, the better! It is also useful to turn around as you park so that you can drive away easily at the end. Please ensure there is a clear passageway for other vehicles to get through in case of emergency.
- Portaloos will be provided at each of our marked spectator spots.
- Ensure you take clothing appropriate for all kinds of weather as there will be no shelter – think a rain coat, umbrella, gumboots, as well as a hat, sunblock and water! Rallying is held in a rural environment over uneven terrain. Wear appropriate footwear.
- Bring some cash – there will be local community fundraisers going on at most spectator spots so please support the food stalls etc
- Remember – the spectator spots are on rural roads, parking will be on gravel or in grassy, muddy paddocks. There will be a walk to get to the spectator spot so make sure that you are prepared.
- Check out this helpful article about how to spectate at a Rally!
Komokoriki Hill – Saturday 1st October
- Please note that the Komokiriki spectator points will be accessed only be park and ride. There will be no entry or exit from these spectator points between 8:30am to midday, and again from 2:30pm to 6pm.
- All cars (including gold pass) will be charged $20 for car parking at the start of the stage. This cost is to cover parking & the bus trip in/out of the spectator point.
- Access to spectator points will be via busses circulating from the Ahuroa fire station at the following times:
- 7am to 8:30am PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
- 12:15pm to 2:30pm PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
- Once you are in this spectator point you will not be able to leave until after the final car which will be either:
- 12:15pm to 3pm; or
- After 6pm.
- Please note that the bus movements will be strictly between these hours so please plan your day to allow plenty of time to park your car and get to the bus.
Jack’s Ridge Haunui – Sunday 2 Oct
- Click here to see the Jack’s Ridge Haunui site map – https://www.rallynz.org.nz/maps-sunday/
- We encourage you to car share to this venue to reduce the transport movements.
- Please note that Whitford Park Road / Brookby Road is closed to maintain traffic movement for the event. We encourage you to plan your travel plans in advance, specifically:
- GA entry is strongly encouraged via Brookby Road. From here you will park in the Papatoetoe Pony Club from where it is a short walk through the ticketing area and into the venue.
- GA entry from Whitford will be via park and ride from the Turanga Creek Winery.
- Gold Pass entry is from Whitford where you will park in paddocks on Ara Kotinga road.
- Only very limited VIP parking is on site.
- Please note that car parking areas for all spectators are in paddocks, therefore if you have a 4WD please bring it. If the weather is wet, parking spaces will be more limited.