The return of Repco Rally New Zealand brings the world’s best rally drivers to the world’s finest roads. To facilitate getting content from the event to media audiences we have several resources available that will provide continuous coverage, including a photography pool of high-resolution images.
Applications for accreditation have closed. For access to on-event content and Sportity knowledgebase please contact National Press Officer Lance Hastie via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-event media activities:
A full list of media activities will be published once confirmed. Activations include the All Blacks vs Australia game on Saturday 24 September, pōwhiri and market place visit plus water based activity on Sunday 25 September. An additional activity will be held on Monday 26 September, working in with the newly announced public holiday.
Action starts on Thursday 29 September with a team testing and shakedown session from 9am. From 4:30pm there is a driver signing and autograph session at the Pukekawa Auckland Domain ahead of the 5:25pm ceremonial start. Then at 6pm the first car starts the 1.78km long Super Special Stage – where entry is free.
Friday morning the event heads south to the Waikato where Raglan will be the hub of activity as the teams contest the spectacular Whaanga Coast and Te Akau stages. The cars return at the end of service to the Hamer Street service park and fan zone.
Saturday is a short journey north to the Kaipara region for three stages before a midday service and repeat loop in the afternoon.
Sunday heads to the Franklin district for a repeat loop of stages with action focussed on the purpose built Jacks Ridge Haunui venue. With spectacular views and vantage points the action will be televised live worldwide. At 3:30pm the winner will celebrate their victory, immediately after the Wolf Power Stage is run.
Along with the photography pool media can use for editorial purposes, will be transcripts of the pre-event press conference, and stage flash reports. Each will be published to the website during the course of the week.
- Downloadable version of the Media Safety Book available
- Photographer reconnaissance of Jacks Ridge will be from 09:00-11:00 Wednesday 28th Sept – there will be a sign-on as you enter. Further details on entry point and sign on location will be available at the Media Centre.
- On-event documents will be via the Sportity app (access via password, please email email@example.com)
- The road book and maps can be downloaded from https://www.rallynz.org.nz/2022-competitor-information-documents/ (download via password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tabard media safety briefing (compulsory) is Wednesday at 16:00hrs in the Media Centre
Following that are a number of hospitality opportunities at each manufacturer team:
17:00 – 17:45 Toyota Gazoo Racing WRT
17:30 – 18:15 M-Sport Ford WRT
18:00 – 18:45 Hyundai Shell Mobis WRT
18:00 Media welcome drink, Good George North
Wharf, 1 Jellicoe Street (space is limited, please RSVP by email)
The Media Centre (level 4, The Grid, 12 Madden St) will be open from 9am Tuesday.