Thank you for joining us for the 2022 Repco Rally New Zealand! We are excited to have you along and really value your support of our event. We wanted to share some key information with you before you arrive.
Gold pass packs: For those who have chosen to pick up their packs, these will be available to be picked up during the following times from the Karanga Kiosk (opposite the Viaduct Event Centre), Wynyard Quarter:
– Sunday 10am – 4pm
– Wednesday 10am – 8pm
– Thursday 10am – 8pm
Note, you can still access the stages and event with your Flicket ticket (on your phone or printed out).
Tips for spectating:
The below should help you get the best out of the Rally:
- Car-pooling is going to be the best way to help ease the pressure on car parking and traffic on event day. If you are going with friends or family, please do share a vehicle.
- Getting in early is the best way to avoid delays and missing the best viewing. The ‘first car’ time is when the rally cars will be starting the stage. Check this time and aim to arrive well in advance – we would suggest at least one hour if not more.
- Some spectator spots will have special parking areas and viewing for gold pass holders. This is dependent on availability of private land use and the generosity of those local farmers.
- All parking areas will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, so please be respectful of our volunteers at these areas.
- Check our website for how to reach the stages. Visit www.rallynewzealand.com – click ‘Spectator info’ and ‘Maps’ and then the day you would like to view. There are detailed maps with a Spectator access map showing the suggested route to follow for each spectator spot.
- Most advertised spectator spots will have toilets and food available to purchase.
- Parking at some areas may require a gold coin donation as a fundraiser for the local community group that is helping
Wednesday 28th September – Sunday 2nd October – Repco Rally Village & Century Batteries Service Park:
The hub of Repco Rally New Zealand, this is where all the action will be centred during the event with the Manufacturers teams servicing vehicles, sponsors activating with plenty to do for kids and families, and an LED screen playing all of the live broadcast action.
Thursday 29th September
Shakedown – Inland road
Spectating will be via Inland Road for Gold Pass ticket holders only. Gold Pass holders will have access to shakedown which is from 9:01am until early afternoon. 34 cars are registered for shakedown. The spectator areas are accessible from both ends but Rautawhiri Road is recommended (please follow marshals instructions, parking will be on nearby streets). Spectators need to be in the stage by 8am. Please see map here
SSS1 Pukekawa Auckland Domain:
The official start of the Repco Rally New Zealand will take place in and around the iconic Auckland War Memorial Museum.
Wintergarden Café will be open for refreshments, food & beverage. There will be food trucks available on site.
A Gold Pass preferential viewing area will be available and marked.
Auckland War Memorial Museum, Pukekawa Auckland Domain
4:00pm Parc Ferme (See the vehicles up close!)
4:30pm – WRC driver autographs
5:00pm – Demonstration vehicles on show
5:30pm – Formalities begin
6:08pm – First car starts on the track
8:45pm – Last car on track
Friday 30th September – Raglan & Te Akau Stages:
Spectator points and parking information is available on www.rallynewzealand.com
- Check out the Raglan Pub for great food and beverages during viewing of the stages.
- Note: Whaanga Coast Spectator area has designated Gold Pass Parking
Friday 30th September – Raglan Tyre Zone:
Free to the public – this zone will be on Bow St, Raglan and will have Driver Autograph sessions, activities, food and more – catch the action from 12:54pm!
Saturday 1st October – Puhoi & North Stages:
Spectator points are available on www.rallynewzealand.com
Gold Pass Viewing and parking at Monowai Road and Noakes Hill Road spectator areas.
Check out the Puhoi Pub for great food and beverages on your way to the stages.
Komokoriki Hill – Saturday 1st October
- Please note that the Komokiriki spectator points will be accessed only be park and ride. There will be no entry or exit from these spectator points between 9am to midday, and again from 3pm to 6pm.
- Access to spectator points will be via busses circulating from the Ahuroa fire station at the following times:
- 7am to 9am
- 1215pm to 3pm
- Once you are in this spectator point you will not be able to leave until after the final car which will be either:
- 1215pm to 3pm; or
- After 6pm.
- Please note that the bus movements will be strictly between these hours so please plan your day to allow plenty of time to park your car and get to the bus.
Sunday 2nd October – Jacks Ridge Haunui:
Jack’s Ridge is a purpose built 6.5km stage on a private farm in Whitford. As an avid rally driver and fan Andrew Hawkeswood has created an epic experience for drivers, fans, spectators and media to be broadcast to the millions of viewers around the world.
There are two incredible designated zones complete with food, beverages and exceptional viewing:
- Gold Pass Mega Jump Prime Viewing Area:
Situated at the base of the mega jump, there will be no lack of excitement here. The cars will literally be flying above you while you enjoy a beverage in the Nation Bar.
- Gold Pass Podium Area:
This zone is immediately adjacent to the WRC Finish Podium and has incredible viewing of the special stage.
|SUNDAY 2 OCT||ACTIVITY|
|7:00am||Gates open to Gold Pass & General Admission spectators|
|Gold Pass Viewing Areas – Food trucks on site and open|
|10:00am||Gold Pass Viewing Areas – Bars open|
|10:30-11:30am||“Jack’s Ridge Haunui Super Show” Demonstration cars including Heritage, Side by Side, Crosskarts, Super Trucks, Trophy Trucks and Hill climbs|
|11:38am||Stage clear for the FIA Safety Car pass|
|12:08 – 13:08pm||WRC Repco Rally New Zealand SS15: Jack’s Ridge Haunui|
|1:15 – 2:15pm||Jack’s Ridge Haunui Super Show continues…|
|3:18pm||WRC Repco Rally New Zealand SS17: Jack’s Ridge Haunui POWER & FINAL STAGE|
|4:10 – 4:45pm||WRC Podium Presentation & Closing Ceremony|
- Gold Pass ticket holders (with their enclosed Gold vehicle parking pass displayed) should access the venue via Whitford (not Brookby) so you can be directed to the designated parking spots efficiently.
- Please note car parking areas for all spectators are in paddocks, therefore if you have a 4WD please bring it. If the weather is wet, parking spaces will be more limited.
- You will have a short walk from your designated parking area to the venue and the scanning lanes.
- There will be shuttles that will take you to close proximity to Gold Pass Viewing Areas.
- Please ensure that you follow the marshals instructions at all times.
- By standing inside the designated spectator spots, you will ensure that you are in the safest spots to spectate. Standing outside of the designated spectator spots is not recommended and can cause the stages to be interrupted, or cancelled.
Your passes & info enclosed:
- Your personalized Gold Pass tickets. These are personalized to you the purchaser and align with your electronic tickets you received on purchase. Please note that the name on your tickets does not affect entry into the event.
- Your Gold Pass parking sticker Please adhere this to your windscreen for access to Gold Pass areas.
Note: If it is not stuck to your windscreen you won’t get access!
- A spectator map for your information on routes and spectator areas
Please also help us with our sustainability mission by using the bins provided or by taking your rubbish home with you when you leave. The spectator points are located on local Farmer’s land and we therefore would like to leave them as we found them.
We hope you have an enjoyable time at Repco Rally New Zealand and once again thank you for your support.
The Repco Rally New Zealand Team